I don't still get how I can express someone's personality trhough the pictures
but I think I did better that I did portrait before
But I wish I could take pictures in day so I could use sun light more
because I am playing sport and I had games last week and this week
I got home late so I could not usually take pictures in day
That makes me feel little bad for this assignment
However, I could see the improvement through this assignment
For this assignment while I was taking their picture,I made my model to tell me a story that made me happy or sad
So their feeling could be express through the pictures naturally, not artificially.
And I think I am successful with some pictures and not successful with some other pictures
I could really remember everything about what they told me when I see some pictures even though it has been almost one or two weeks from the day I took it
Because the pictures are expressing how they felt at that time and telling me that story again through the pictures
Although portrait is hard, it is every interesting to take people and try to catch the moments when people have feeling

This is Sheri!!!
This picture is one of my favorite picture in this assignment
because I took this picture in day
Also, I really like Sheri looking up me

This is Taylor!!!
Although she is looking at something else than the camera I really like her eyes

This is Caroline!!!
She is standing and I used a chair to take this picture to looking down from up
I like this picture since it is focused
I can see her eye leisure clearly and I love it
However, on the other side I do not like this picture that much
Because it does not tell any story behind it
I just took the picture

This is Vanessa!!!
She was laying down on the floor and saying she is tired
And I made her to look at the camera.
Actually I wanted to express the exhaustion of her,
But I think this picture does not express that feeling that well
However I still like this picture
Because I think it is successful technically


When I took this picture, she was sad and angry
Because she just lost her shoal which is very important to her
She told me that her mom bought that shoal in Europe when she was pregnant of Vanessa, and she gave it to Vanessa later
At the first time when Vanessa realized that she lost it she got mad
However, later she became calm but still did not know what to do
And that feeling was what I want to express through this picture
In this picture, she looks like little confused, sad, and mad
So I think I succeed to show something through photo
However, this picture is little out of focus so I think it would be better if it is focused well

It’s ME wearing ballet shoes
But it is not really me
My dad wanted me to experience a lot of things before I grew up
So since I was young, my dad really helped me to try everything I wanted
I played violin, piano, kayagum, a Korean instrument, and other instrument
I did art
I did dance and ballet
However, as I grew I stopped doing all these things eventually
And now I really regret for stopping doing everything I did in the past
Last week I saw my friend doing ballet and I felt so sad
And I kept thought about what if I keep doing everything I did
I really don’t understand why I quitted


This is Laura Lee!!
While I was taking pictures, Laura Lee was talking to Vanessa.
She was emotional so much that day
So she was a perfect model because she was already expressing how she felt even before we start to talk and take pictures
She was in kind of bad mood and she was talking about a serious thing.
In this picture she looks like little mad, sad, and considering something.
I love this picture because it is the most successful picture for expressing someone’s feeling
On the technical side, I really like that I can see a lot of details of her hairs and her eyes
Especially I love her eyes in this picture
It looks deep so it makes her more thoughtful.
I kind of like the like the light
I put a light right next to her face but it was not that strong light
So actually it didn’t work that well
I could do better with the composition of this picture
I used my white blanket for the background
Since Laura Lee was sitting on a little chair and my blanket couldn’t reach over her body
I just took picture like this
And I really regret that because I could not retake this picture because both Laura Lee and me didn’t have time to retake
However it is still a good picture I think
No comments:
Post a Comment