Usually I take picture at home or just in my neighborhood since I don't have a car and much time either. However, for this assignment I went outside with my friends to take pictures. We drove somewhere and pick one place and take pictures there. I took all of my pictures of rocks there. It was around 4:30 and it was sunny; That makes a very good light, and I love that light. So I picked most of my pictures that I printed and posted on my blog from the pictures that I took there. So I think from now on I am going to take picture outside in the daytime.
For this assignment I was thinking about time lapping - take pictures of same place or same object every single minutes. However, I thought it is not that related to numbers because I thought people cannot recognize the number except me (maybe I cannot either), so I gave up. But I think time lapping is so cool that I am going to do it for my final project, and I am so excited for it.

This picture is for number ONE!!!
I was reading a book titled "There Is No Children Here." And I liked the way the chapters of this book writen. So I just took it. Before I took this picture I had taken a picture similar to this
and I liked the composition a lot. So I made the composition of this picture similar to the other picture again. Also, I really like the black lines and light changing. Other letters beside ONE is blurry and I like it so much since it makes ONE more stands out. However, this picture is actually more focused on the paper instead of ONE, but still I really like the feeling of this picture.

This is TWO!!!
Actually it was eight, but it doesn't look like eight that much since it is horizontal. However, I really like this picture. Light, texture, focus, background, composition, and especailly the feeling, everything is perfect for me. I don't know why but I really like taking pictures of nature, trees, flowers, rocks, or sky. I just like the feeling of Nature.

This is SEVEN!!!
It is a crack on a tree bark. For this picture, I wish more parts be focused; however I really like taking picture with slant angle, not with totally vertical or horizontal angle. I couldn't make more parts of this picture be focused with the angle I wanted. So I chose to take picutre like this - less part is focused, but the angle is slant. And I still like this picture.

This is NINE!!!
I put nine dark and black rocks on a broken tree. I put exactly nine rocks, but it looks like ten and I don't know what happened because the back part is blurry. I think one of them is part of the tree. I don't know why, but I really like a piture that one part of it is really focused, and the other part is blurry. It might be because of contrast, and because it makes one part more stands out.

This is TEN!!!
The left is Vanessa, and the right is Mack. I really like that they both wearing similar kinds of clothes (dresses) but the color is opposite (White and Black). Also, they are not wearing shoes, and I don't know why but I really like them not wearing shoes. In these picture niether of Vanessa nor Mack does not look like nervous or frozen; it looks natural, so whenever I see this picture, I laugh. It is a very lovely picture.

This is TWELVE!!!
It is dirt on a white dotted rock. I was thinking about drawing twelve on ground, but when I was drawing, I realized that I could use dirt. So I found big flat white rock, and made 12 with the dirt on the rock.

This is FOURTEEN!!!
This is fourteen plates. Even though the plates are all same, they look different depends on where I put them and the angle that I am looking at them; I think it is so interesting. I like the curves and the layers of the plates. I took this picture at home, but near by a window; therefore, it still has a good light.

This is TWENTY-SEVEN!!!
It is a cube, and I can see twenty-seven of sqaures. I like the feeling of worn out instead of new.

This is SIXTY!!!
I made the number with a piece of wood on the road. I really like the contrast between the road and the shade of wood. Also I like the color of the wood too.

This is EIGHTY-EIGHT!!!
I don't know what these called, but they were fallen from some tree; I picked them up and made eighty-eight with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment